Saturday, June 21, 2008

Graffiti, etc.


St. Petersburg, Russia. Outside Mayakovsky Library

Inspired by K.'s wonderful photographs from last year, I came upon a photo-worthy tag of my own. A questioning glance.

Here in Petersburg, time doesn't exist and when you realize this, it is all gone. I have been here for more than a week now, and I will be leaving in 11 days. I am obsessed with the sun. Minimal amounts of sleep even amount in the most ridiculous dreams; witnessed seizures, seductions, murders in my head.

I have written. I have read. Workshop has been great. I went to Peterhoff Palace today and watched the fountains. This is something you should see.

I am trying to talk to this woman I met here. I have this feeling. I am afraid that I have talked about it too much so it has merely become a projection. But it persists. A desire to discuss the writing, my writing and her own. Hopefully this conversation will take place soon.

No comments: