Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Shifting Cities

Traveling means never being in one place for more than 4 nights. It also means taking lots of photographs. During March/April I traveled for 5 weeks, starting in Madrid and heading down to southern Spain, then up the eastern coast to Barcelona and southern France. Afterwards, I went down the western coast of Italy and up the eastern, stopped in Venice on my way to Munich, which itself was only a stop on my way to Amsterdam. Then I went to Paris. Here I got to see the the de Chirico painting "The Uncertainty of the Poet" which is definitely one of my favorites, and which I was upset not to see the last time I went to the Tate Modern in London - because it was on loan to Le musée d’Art moderne in Paris. When I returned to London, this was the only thing I was missing.

See these photos, and please go here to see more photos.

*****
She said something about something that suggested something else like that eternal Starry Night set in the room.

No comments: