Saturday, August 2, 2008

Times, dates, Petersburg...

I am having trouble with days, dates, timing things. It has been a month since my last post. But this is not an accident; I have not wanted to admit that I am no longer in St. Petersburg! I have been to Israel and have returned to the United States since then.

I have been to Petersburg twice and still want to return. I do not speak Russian. I do not know what it is about that place: the city, the light, the language. Or maybe it is the incredible people I meet each time I go - though this could be more to do with the Summer Literary Seminars than with that city. But neither would be what it is without the other, for me. And I could not be what I am today without either, as well.

::
Reading
"The Collected Stories" - Amy Hempel
"I Love Artists: New and Selected Poems" - Mei Mei Berssenbrugge
"Crime and Punishment" - Fyodor Dostoevsky

No comments: