Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Letters and Nouns

Afraid and Alone both begin with the same letter, but they do not end the same.

Measuring worth against a teaspoon of sugar, so sweet, but the apparatus slips from my hands. Perhaps I should have used a cup? That too has the potential for falling, for spilling.

The control must have too much in common with the measured (we do share a name, we are both nouns).

::

Listening over and over to Sia, Breathe Me:

Ouch I have lost myself again
Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
Yeah I think that I might break
I've lost myself again and I feel unsafe

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
I'm needy
Warm me up
And breathe me

2 comments:

Kristi Maxwell said...

Lovely,

I'll be in NY next Wed. through Sun. I hope we see each other. If you're up for it, I'm reading from my book here:

Jan. 31, 2008: Ahsahta Press & Litmus Press authors @ The Bowery Poetry Club, 8 - 10 p.m.

Anonymous said...

Great work.