Friday, August 24, 2007

to begin\where? there.


It is not as if I need another distraction in my life.

It is the immensity of the moment that proves too daunting sometimes, the expectant suspension of time.

Walking around downtown today I encountered two small, curled animals laid out on a piece of fabric in front of an old house. At first I thought they were dead mice, but on second glance realized they were puppies. And it wasn't my second glance, but my friends. I didn't want to look. Now I am disappointed that I didn't look longer.

There must always be someone as witness to these things.

2 comments:

Kristi Maxwell said...

I'm happy to witness you as a blog-thing!

Most certainly we will see each other in NY. A little SLS gathering, I hope.

To your new poems! (Send me some!)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh that was ridiculous. I am still extremely confused by that.
-Leah